Thursday, April 14, 2016

Making old furniture new again

Let me say, I never thought I'd be good at this. But, I had some leftover cash and mom and I headed out to thrift stores, flea markets and garage sales. 

I'm not the best at seeing what things can be. I see it, think it's ugly, and move on. But, it's amazing what so paint or stain can do. 

I've also never used chalk paint. I know everyone raves about it and such but I'm a big fan of Valspar Furniture Paint. It's expensive but works fabulous. 


This was our starting project for the nightstands. We had been using old IKEA tables and I was ready for something new. We found these at a Hotel Liquidation Warehouse. They were more than I wanted to spend but they were exactly what I was looking for. 

I removed the drawer and door, along with the hardware. Lightly sanded it and began painting. 


2 counts of paint later and this is what we have! 


I bought some cheap black satin spray paint to do the inside.. Because who's really going to see that? It matches my husband's dresser almost perfect. 

This was by far the easiest of my projects and still took me a solid two days two compete. We let both of them dry for a week before we brought them inside.

We used probably half a quart (I think) of paint and a full can of spray paint. 

I'd say we came out with two nightstands for under $100! 




No comments:

Post a Comment