Monday, September 17, 2012

Just Hangin' Around

All Summer long on Prime News we've showcased some great places to get a little "crazy" in Chattanooga. From sky diving to an aerial class. Needless to say, I don't think there was one thing I wouldn't try. I'm all about new things and I think we should all venture out of our little boxes now and then.

With that said, I tried my first aerial class. I'm a former cheerleader and dancer so I didn't have a lot of reservations about this class. But, I must admit I was intimidated by the silks. They look like super long ribbons hanging from the ceiling. You can see a lot of aerial stuff in Cirque Du Soleil and things like it. They had a couple using silks on America's Got Talent this season.

With a small group of us from Channel 12 we headed to Chattanooga Aerials. The studio also serves as a dance company. It's an awesome building! Anywho, we did a short warm up and got right to it. We started on trapeze and then moved our way to the silks. Once you get used to it, it's a blast! I felt like a little kid again. Amy is a great instructor.. and seriously, so is her 7 year old daughter. It felt great to do something active that I actually enjoy. You know.. as much as I love my boot camps.. it's just not as fun as this. You don't feel like you're working out. I did wake up SORE today.. in case anyone is wondering. But, it's a good sore and I'm not going to complain.

What else do you recommend I try here in Chattanooga that's "out of my box?"

Mandy and I posing for the camera in a "star" pose!

No comments:

Post a Comment