Monday, August 26, 2013

Do's and Don'ts of Wedding Planning

Ok.. if you know me, you know I'm stressed to the max lately.

Our wedding venue canceled a few days after we lost Basil. Talk about stress on top of stress. So, after we found Basil the search began for another place to say I do.

I'm particular. I don't want to a reception in a big fancy ballroom. I don't want to get married on the beach. Let me tell you, when you choose to get married in Florida... your chances from there are limited.

We thought we found the perfect place. But, it fell through. So, we ventured to find something better. Not an easy task. I wanted to cry. We already booked our wedding planner and photographer. We were about a month away from scheduling a caterer.

So, we're a little over a year away from the wedding date. I didn't think we would have a problem finding a new place for our date. Ha, I was wrong. What is wrong with Florida brides? Do you plan a wedding before you're even engaged or are their really THAT many brides?

So, after  a week of searching and then days of my wonderful parents taking their days off and searching.. we landed on something else (on a different date.)

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to get my $$ deposit back.



So far on my search here's my list:

Do:
- Ask vendors a lot of questions
- Go with a legitimate venue. Our original venue was a guy who bought a mansion and decided to turn it into wedding venue. DON'T DO THIS. Chances are what happened to us, won't happen to you but I wouldn't want to risk it.
- Book Early
- Make decisions smart.. is it too good to be true?
- Have a back up plan

Don't
- Trust everyone's word
- Trust google reviews.. Go to the site, visit people in person, go with your gut.
- Put down a large deposit


Meanwhile.. I'll be pulling out my hair somewhere in Huntsville, Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment