Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I live my life telling stories in a minute thirty or less. I tell people I'm a little educated on a lot of subjects. I lug around a big camera, tripod, and microphone. People look at me like I'm crazy. They tell me they have no comment, they don't want to be on tv. This is my life, I'm a journalist.

My names Jillian.. the rundown refers to me as JP. Whatever you do, don't call me Jill. I'll answer to about anything else. Aside from my life in news, I enjoy hockey, spending time with my family, friends, and boyfriend. I love to spend time outdoors. I'm always down for new things and learning a new city.

But, for the most part I spend my time inside the studios of WDEF News 12 in Chattanooga, TN. I'm hundreds of miles from "home." If I had a dime for every time I say I'm from Florida and people respond with "what are you doing here?" I'd be rich. But, I'm a journalist and I'm not rich. I do my own makeup, straighten my own hair, and for the most part, shoot, edit, write, my own stories.

Through this blog, I'll share some of my own personal stories. The good, the bad, the ugly. Stay tuned!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere! You will have fun with this. Enjoy the process of writing perhaps casually. Keep on Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great first blog, Jillian!! Looking forward to reading more from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I do believe we've met. And also, btw.. lol @ 'People look at me like I'm crazy.'

    :)

    ReplyDelete